Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your St. George smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the heart of your home’s security system as it connects your security sensors, cameras, locks, and thermostats into one united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color interface puts you in full charge of your St. George home’s security and automation. See what it can do and check out suggestions to get you started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in St. George do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to components with radio wave transmissions and the Z-wave communications protocol, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your property. You may arm your system, control lights, update the thermostat, and more. When incorporating a video doorbell, you may even speak to someone standing at your door. The Vivint Smart Hub has cellular functionality and a backup battery for added reliability. It also provides convenient remote operability via the Vivint smartphone app.
Here are some of the things you can do:
- View real-time or recorded video streams from your linked surveillance cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Turn lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Modify your thermostat’s temperature
- Speak directly to your monitoring center
You can boost convenience even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in St. George by setting schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you might have your smart thermostat automatically adjust each night at a particular time. Or, you can set preferences like having your entrances unlock whenever the smoke alarm trips.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your system
Before you jump into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to know how to arm and disarm your system. It’s easy - just adhere to these steps:
- Press the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay means you will remain inside your home and arms all devices except interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a message if something is preventing the system from arming. For example, an open window will urge you to take action. It’s worth noting that you can still arm your home’s security by following the instructions above. You will then have to verify that you wish to circumvent the sensor that isn’t ready.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in St. George
Although many users can be entered when your system is installed, you will likely want to add or remove a user down the road. Here are instructions to do so.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Touch “Users” and enter your PIN.
- Select “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Tap “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you wish to provide the user remote access, choose email or phone and submit the info to deliver an invite.
- Hit Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To remove a user, simply go to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Automate and secure your home with Vivint
Do you want to take charge of your home’s automation and security with an easy-to-use touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new St. George smart home. Call (435) 375-3735 to learn more.