Features to look for in a home security camera in St. George
Getting caught by surveillance is the last thing a burglar would like to happen This is a principal reason why security cameras are some of the most effective devices to think about as you figure out your home security system. Even though free-standing cameras will be effective when installed properly, they’re even more powerful when integrated into your home’s comprehensive system.
Are you interested in what to look for in a home security camera in St. George? You’ll be happy to discover these important elements have more features than earlier versions. You can see live footage from indoor cameras or warn intruders with incorporated deterrents from outside cameras. Just use your security app or touchscreen smart hub and you can manage all your cameras.
Powerful features bolster home security cameras in St. George
Multifaceted and easy-to-incorporate security cameras will elevate your home’s defense to a whole new level. These crucial parts of your home security system may come equipped with a diverse range of features like 2-way audio, video storage, and mobile access. Take a look at the options available to you here.
- Effective deterrents: You can use a camera that can take action automatically. If strange movement is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a clear red ring will form around the camera’s lens and an audible alarm will resonate.
- Night vision: Powerful IR night vision functionality provides clear-cut views of your environs at any hour. Your cameras will even maintain their clarity as you zoom in on details.
- Video storage: Check for surveillance with video storage capabilities and the chance to access clips right from your smartphone app.
- Smartphone app: Today’s surveillance systems in St. George are frequently connected to a handy app on your smartphone. You have the opportunity to review real-time streams or saved video and even engage or deactivate your security. The Vivint App will post an alert to your phone whenever there’s a triggered event.
- Motion detectors: Incorporated motion detection means your cameras will take notice when strange movement occurs. You’ll even get an update on your smartphone.
- Converse with delivery people or family: Need to contact your kids when they return from school? Have you found a stranger at your front door? Today’s surveillance systems, like the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient two-way audio so you may converse with the people detected by your equipment.
- Field of vision: As a good rule of thumb, your outside surveillance should provide an angle of 120° or higher. As an example, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro boasts a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit provides the opportunity to set the specific part of your property you would like your camera to watch over. This will be beneficial to better define the activity you surveil as you aren’t going to require updates every time an automobile travels by in front of your house.
Configure your own home security system
You should have a good idea of what to look for in a home security camera in St. George. All that remains is to put everything together in a custom Vivint smart home. Phone (435) 375-3735 to start or fill out the form below to engage our home protection and automation professionals.